Brunswick Panatrope P-11
In 1925, Brunswick announced that it would produce a revolutionary new type of phonograph that used vacuum tubes and electricity to amplify phonograph records. The amplifier electronics were designed and supplied to Brunswick by RCA. The Brunswick Panatrope was displayed in concert throughout the United States and created a sensation when demonstrated. The first units were shipped in early 1926 at about the same time as similar machines from Victor. Some of the Panatropes contained only a phonograph, and other models were offered in combination with RCA Radiolas. This particular machine is the phonograph only model and sold for $700 new.